What information we collect and how
The information we collect via this website may include:
- Any personal details you type in and submit, such as name, address, email address, etc.
- Data which allows us to recognise how you use this website. We can enhance the service if we learn about what you like and do not. Outsourcery assigns a number to each user to help us personalise the service for you. This number is saved on your computer and is called a 'Cookie'. It is not possible to identify a particular user by means of a Cookie alone. You can be assured of anonymity. We will not know who you are, even if we issue a Cookie. Of course if you want, you may choose not to accept or to delete the Cookie that is held on your computer. The Cookie is also used for anonymously recording what parts of the service you use. Overall, aggregated usage information from all our customers helps us improve Outsourcery by showing us how different areas of the site are being used. We also collect certain information you enter for the purpose of creating statistics. We will not link your name or address with the data we collect for statistical purposes.
- Your IP address (this is your computer's individual identification number) which is automatically logged by our web server. This is used to note your interest in our site.
- E-mail addresses are required in order to register for Outsourcery website.
What we do with your information
Any personal information we collect from you will be used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable laws. The details we collect will be used:-
- To process your order and to process any application for a mobile phone contract etc., to maintain guarantee records and to provide after-sales service.
- To carry out security checks (this may involve passing your details to a credit reference agency, who will check details we give them against public and private databases and may keep a record of that check to use in future security checks - this helps to protect you and us from fraudulent transactions).
We may need to pass the information we collect to other companies within our group for administrative purposes. We may use third parties to carry out certain activities, such as processing and sorting of data, monitoring how customers use our site and issuing our emails for us.
We would also like to inform you of various promotions, goods and services that may be of interest to you. You may be contacted by post, email, telephone or such other means as we regard as appropriate.
- You can ask us to update your personal information by emailing precise details of your request to email@example.com
- You can ask us not to send you future marketing communications. To do this, simply E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.
- You also have the right to request a copy of any personal information we hold about you. E-mail your request to email@example.com. There is a £10 charge for this service.